Safety at Play
Whether its on a playground, in a park or during sports, safety is a top priority at Sparks@Play. Creating safe play environments begins at the earliest stages of planning. Our consultants and designers have the experience to design and construct environments to minimize the opportunity for serious injury. Also see: Site Assessment
Age and use appropriate structures are of critical importance to safety. We partner with the world's leading manufacturers to source the most appropriate structures that match users needs and capabilities. This applies equally to playground equipment, amphitheaters or sports fields.
Choose the appropriate, safe surface that matches your intended users. A surface can be equally effective at preventing falls or easing the impact of a fall. Our designers have access to proven, innovative surface materials. From natural turf to poured rubber and engineered wood fiber, we'll help you make safe choices.
Third-Party Safety Certifications
Sparks@Play installed environments adhere to global safety standards for play environments:
- ASTM F1487-11 Safety Performance Specification for Playground Equipment for Public use.
- CAN/CSA-Z614-14 excluding clauses 9.8, 10, and 11 - Children’s Playspaces and Equipment
- ASTM F1292-13 - Specification for Impact Attenuation of Surface Systems
- ASTM F2075-15- Specification for Engineered Wood Fiber for Use as a Playground Safety Surface
- ASTM F3012 - Standard for Loose-Fill Rubber for Use as a Playground Safety Surface